Saturday, October 11, 2008

Carving Party 2008





Nick & I decided to start a new fun tradition. We invite some fabulous friends over to have a pumpkin carving party. The idea all came together as we were standing in SAM'S and saw the wonderful huge pumpkins. We (by we I mean Nick) dug in the big tubs to find the best of the best. Then I quickly got on the phone and called the Shaub family and the Brown Family. I don't know if you are allowed to say this about your own party but I had a super fun time and thought it was great! We bought a great carving kit at Wal-mart and it worked so great. The boys were the boss of cutting the top and cleaning out the guts and the girls did the designing. We had nacho cheese dip, a vegetable tray, spinach artichoke dip, roasted pumpkin seeds, Nathan's hot dogs and S'mores! The best part of the whole entire night was the great conversation and lots of laughs with our friends around the fire pit. Too bad Madeline slept through most of the party. I am sure she will enjoy this tradition much more next year! This will definitely be a new tradition!

1 comment:

Kelly Bumgardner said...

It looks like you guys have made such good friends in Altus. I guess the move wasn't so bad after all. We miss you here though!!!