Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Tuesday

I love Tuesdays. They are days that we usually catch up on everything. Here is our quiet stay at home day…

My morning began with listening to Will chat with his stuffed Elephant at 6 this morning! He continued to chat until I finally rescued him from his crib at 6:58. The good news is that on the mornings he wakes up this early I know it will be a two nap kind of day!

edited Tuesday 002

While the kids ate their waffles I started lunch and dinner. We had chicken,feta,cucumber,onion,and tomatoes on whole wheat pita for lunch. I made Beef and Noodles in the crockpot for dinner. I love having my kitchen duties done by 9!

edited Tuesday 003

The kids love the bathtub. On days when we don’t have to be anywhere early we enjoy a nice soak. It also gives me time to clean the bathroom.

edited Tuesday 007

 

Watch out for Will. He is a loves to be naked! The minute I get him out of the tub he takes off running and usually doesn’t even look back. Check out the muscles on that guy.

 

edited Tuesday 011

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Madeline was very busy working on her watercolors. She wanted to paint a picture and mail it to Bolt. (The dog from a Disney cartoon.)edited Tuesday 019

While Maddie painted Will built with his blocks, actually he just dumped them out and spread them all around. Pretty soon the eye rubbing began it was time for his morning nap. During his nap Madeline and I vacuumed the main level and the stairs. I have to vacuum when Will is asleep because all he wants to do is sit on the vacuum. It is not easy to vacuum with a 28 pounder sitting on the vacuum!  Then it was “school” time.

edited Tuesday 024

We are using this fun curriculum that goes with the ABC Bible Verse book. This week we are on the letter V. It is a great way for Madeline and I to have some one on one time together and work on scripture memory verses. She is so beating me in how fast she can learn them!

edited Tuesday 025

Today we worked on our new sight word Me, the number 8, and the letter V. She even painted a few.

edited Tuesday 028

 

Look who is awake! Yes, he always wakes up with those red cheeks. Madeline does too! You have to love the crazy crib hair.edited Tuesday 029

Then it was time to start the French bread for dinner. YUMMY!

Nick also came home for lunch. I forgot to take a picture of that. Will ate two servings of the chicken and Madeline ate hers plus a ton of pineapple. I think we might be hitting a Schindler growth spurt around here.

 

 

edited Tuesday 034edited Tuesday 049

It was absolutely beautiful here today so we headed to the park two blocks away. Madeline rode her tricycle and Will got the stroller. Lucky for us the two twin 3 year old neighbors were there to play. The 3 years olds played chase and then they were on a treasure hunt and they found a tennis ball! True treasure to three year olds.

 

 

 

Wee Squeak

We finally found shoes that Will likes. He loves the Wee Squeaks and only because they make noise. The arrived late yesterday so today was the big try out! I think they were a hit.  We headed home and everyone took a nap while I made a few phone calls to welcome some new people to Scott AFB and the TACC. I think this is one of only a handful of times both kids have slept at the same time. After nap time Will did some house exploring and mostly just hung out at the top of the stairs yelling down at Madeline and I. He has finally learned how to get himself back down. That has saved me at least 100 steps a day.edited Tuesday 059

edited Tuesday 057

My French bread was finished with 5 minutes to spare before the timer went off for the main course.

edited Tuesday 060

Yummy! Thank you Cooks Illustrated! Then in walked Nick…

edited Tuesday 064

From the very beginning Madeline and Nick have always gone and gotten the mail together. Now as soon as the garage door goes up she is out the door and waiting for their walk to the mailbox. The rest of the evening we played, threw the ball, did a round of hooky poky, princess tea party, and FINALLY bed.

The End

No comments: