Wednesday, December 3, 2008

8 Months Old!

I found this picture on the Internet. No this is not Madeline but this is what she looked like..but smiling!
Yes our little princess is 8 months old! I can't believe how time flies. Well...Madeline has been sick with a cold for almost 2 weeks now. I decided it was time to see the doctor. We left at 8:30 this morning to start our adventure. After getting weighed ( 20 pounds 9 ounces-88th percentile) and measured (28.25 inches tall 88th percentile) we saw the doctor. After he listened and listened to Madeline's chest and lungs he said he was a wee bit concerned because she was breathing rather quickly. (50 times a minute instead of the usual 30 times a minute) So he sent us off to radiology for chest x-rays. I don't know if you guys know how they do 8 month old chest x-rays, but they put them in a clear tube with their arms above their heads. It is quite funny and very mean looking. I found this picture on the Internet. No this is not Madeline but this is what she looked like..but smiling!
But of course our super Madeline didn't cry. (The x-ray lady said she was the first baby she had ever x-rayed that didn't cry!) We got dressed and headed back to see the doctor. He came out and told us one x-ray was blurry so we headed back to radiology. This time Madeline let out one big cry and then was fine. I love this girl! Then we went back and waited, and waited, and waited for the doctor. Finally, he said no pneumonia but a bacterial infection. So Madeline is now on her first medicine, an antibiotic. I didn't take 8 month pictures of my princess yet. I am waiting for a no runny nose day. We finally got home from the doctors office at 12:00pm! Madeline had missed her morning nap and was ready for lunch. So she had lunch and took a short nap and now we are playing on the floor. I sure hope she takes a nice long afternoon nap!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh. I am so sorry you guys had to go through all of that, but at least it is just bacterial. At least there is a cure for that!! Hope you feel better soon Maddie!!!

Marc, Jaimee, Ben and Liam said...

I can't believe that picture! And I can't believe even more so that she was so pleasant about it! What a sweetheart! Praying for her healing!