Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Holiday Weekend

What a busy weekend. Our weekend started with a trip to OKC on Friday to OU Children's Medical Center. Madeline had a UTI a few months back and to be safe our doctor wanted her to have a special test called a Voiding cystourethrogram to check and see if she has reflux between her bladder and kidney. First off let me say that OU Children's is FABULOUS! They have free valet parking! Madeline was a real trooper at the test and only cried once. The ladies were funny and playful and even gave her a toy at the end. This is what we learned. She does have slight reflux and we will meet with our pediatriation to decided what we should do. Most babies out grow this in a few years and just need to be monitored. Click the link for some facts about her reflux. Here is the funny part....Most babies Madeline's size and age have a bladder that can hold 90cc of liquid our Maddie Cakes can hold 200 cc of liquid!!!! She has a HUGE bladder. Isn't that funny. Nick and I got to watch all the x-rays taken and it was very amazing seeing how God has made this human body! After our trip to the hospital we were half way to Wichita and just headed on down for a way too short visit. It is so hard to cram seeing everyone into a few days and arranging it around nap time and bed time. Madeline was a trooper and loved seeing her Grandma and Grandpa. She really loved being able to walk around and touch all Grandma's sparkly things and not hear the word No. :) Her favorite toy was a pair of sparkly fruit. Grandma Searl is holding out hope that maybe somebody in the family will love all her sparkles. I think it just might be Madeline.
Here is Grandpa, Madeline, and Grandpa waiting for our yummy breakfast!
We did squeaze in a few minutes for Madeline to do a few laps around
the speedway. Jimmy let us borrow his car.

4 comments:

kkeckler said...

I am so sad I didn't get to see you two!!! I heard all about it though! Maybe next time we can get together so I can see lil miss Madeline!!

Anonymous said...

So glad you liked OU and that you found the valet. It took us a few times up there to find it. Glad you will be able to help Maddie not get anymore UTIs too!!! Have a great week! See ya soon!

Sally said...

I love your blog! Its fun to keep up w/your lives. We love you all so much! and can I just say that your parents are such a handsome couple. ;) I'm drinking a big 'ol bottle of water in honor of Maddie's 200 cc bladder! GO MADDIE!

Rochelle said...

Hey! I'm on my 4th UTI in 3 months -- NOT FUN -- so I know how miserable she feels but glad you are on top of it! I guess with that bladder, she's ready to be a teacher and only go once a day! ha!