Monday, September 24, 2012

DISNEY 2012

Thanks to the direct flight from Dayton and our great driver Grandma Linda we headed straight from Ohio to Walt Disney World.  We arrived at 10:00 and headed straight to the Hollywood studios. The next 8 days were packed with parks, princesses, food, laughs, characters, fireworks, rides, and a down right great time.  The kids were wonderful and Nick and I were surprised with how much Will enjoyed the parks and the rides. Here are a few pictures of our trip. I think we took over 800!  Here are the highlights…

edited 1edited 28

One morning (early) Madeline and got to have breakfast at the castle. The fabulous part was that we got to enter Magic Kingdom ahead of the crowd to make our reservations. Now, if only they hadn’t picked that day to have a crane by the castle. (It was gone by the time normal hours began.)

edited 31

We were given a fabulous table right by the windows overlooking Main street. BEAUTIFUL!

edited 33

Madeline was so excited she could barely eat. The food was fabulous!  They started us with this beautiful platter of yumminess. (Yes, I brought a zip lock bag and took it with me.) I just might have a bit of Jenna Searl in me. Will enjoyed the treats throughout the day.

edited 32

Richard our nice waiter took our picture.  As each princess entered they would blow a fancy royal horn and tell a short version of her story. The princesses went table to table greeting the guests. Madeline kept telling me when they were getting close so we wouldn’t have food in our mouths.

edited 37

edited 35edited 36edited 34

As we were leaving I told Richard (our royal waiter) that we were going to meet the boys. He asked how many and he gave me a sword for William.  I told Madeline I would take her picture by the knight. She stuck the sword in his hand. It sure made me and the royal servants laugh.

edited 39

The boys were already waiting in line to meet Disney’s newest princess from Brave. We ran and changed and hurried to join them.

The fun part was the bow and arrow while waiting. Madeline was the only person (adults included) that got a bulls eye. She reminded us of that all day long.edited 41

edited 42edited 4edited 5

Tiana from Princess and the Frog sure loved William and he sure loved her. Look at his big kiss. Madeline laughed and laughed.

edited 6

The Buzz Lightyear ride broke while we were riding it so we took the opportunity to snap a few pictures.

edited 20edited 21

Right before this ride we realized that Will was missing a shoe. The Disney rule is no character greeting without shoes on. We were so sad. He lost it in a matter of 5 minutes and a few yards. I found a Disney worker and they helped me look. (I think he threw it in another stroller going by.)  They said they would keep looking and we headed into Buzz. When we finished  I found the worker and she said they couldn’t find it but she handed me a receipt and told me to take this to any gift shop.  I handed it to the cashier and she told me to pick out any pair of shoes. The cheapest we could find were 32.00. They were Mickey Mouse Crocs.. not a huge fan but the best we could do. When I went up to pay, the cashier cut the tags handed them to me and said have a nice day! FREE!! I sure love Disney!

I think Nick and I went driving with Madeline at least 10 times! I sure hope she drives better then this when she is 16!

edited 45edited 26

One of our highlights was the Agent P adventure at Epcot. You received a Verizon phone and a mission. You had to be in a certain country in less then 15 minutes and then your mission began. There were videos on the phone, buttons to push, and clues to find. It was AWESOME!  In France you even had to say spy code to a shop worker, go to penny press but the secret penny the shop gave you in the machine, press a button on your phone and the machine made you a special coin that you could not let Doofenshmirtz get. Madeline was intense during all the missions. It was the cutest. It really did make you look around the countries and notice things. At one point you looked in a window and pressed a button and a satellite popped up out of a lamp.

edited 52

edited 53

Madeline was scream that there was Dr. Doofenshmirtz.edited 56edited 55

Watch for Agent P
Will and Madeline got eaten by Bruce!

edited 51

We planned the trip so we would have some off days to explore other resorts and downtown Disney. Aren’t these two cute!

edited 58

edited 59

Will loved the characters. He tried to kiss all their faces off. We would literally have to pull him off the characters and he would cry.

edited 66edited 65edited 60

The first time we rode the tea cups Will tried to spin the cup. Nick jumped in and really got it going. Will started yelling HELP HELP!  The second time we road the tea cup he just yelled WHOA.. WHOA.. and as the tea cup slowed down he grabbed the wheel and tried to turn it with all his might. When the ride was over I always had to pry his chubby little fingers off the wheel.

edited 69

But sometimes he would cuddle up and fall right to sleep! Ahhhh….

edited 82

I think Madeline’s highlight might have going to Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. We scheduled on the day of the Not So Scary Halloween Party. She was getting all fancy for the trick or treating at Magic Kingdom. She was very serious during the entire process. They even show the girls a few different hairstyles and let me pick. Madeline, who was going dressed as Belle, picked the one with bright reddish orange hair! Oh my word. But she was happy.

edited 84

Will waiting not so patient. It took peanut butter crackers, fruit snacks, goldfish, walking around the store, and a stroller ride to entertain him!

edited 85edited 86edited 87edited 88

Before and After

edited 83edited 89

 

Then we headed to Magic Kingdom. Here are Madeline’s two favorite encounters from that night.

edited 12

She still talks about Jack Sparrow calling her My Love.

edited 14

edited 3

It was a fabulous trip and I can’t wait to do it again!

Will’s favorite at Epcot

Madeline was picked out of the audience to be in the Lion King Show. I think she thinks she is famous now.

Madeline picked for the show!

No comments: