Friday, April 17, 2009

Foot Surgery







On Thursday I headed over to Jackson County Hospital for a little foot surgery. I have had a fabulous plantars wart that has gone out of control on my foot for the past 12 years. After numerous treatments we reached the end of the line and it was time to do some serious cutting. Nick, Madeline, and I headed to the hospital at 6:20 am on Thursday. What a great hospital. Everyone was super nice. This was the very first time I had ever been in an operating room and from what I remember it was fabulous. My one request was that I do not remember anything painful and I sure don't. I still haven't seen the skin graft or my heel with the wart gone. That exciting surprise happens on Sunday. If I don't pass out when Nick removed the bandages I might even take a picture. Here are some pictures of the wrapped up leg and my two nurses!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah Julie....hope the meds are keeping you comfortable. If we can do anything please let us know!!! I can watch Maddie whenever you need a break!!! Tyson would love having someone smaller than him to play with. We're praying this will be the end of it for you and your foot!!!

Marc, Jaimee, Ben and Liam said...

ouch! prayers for a speedy recovery!