Wednesday, November 17, 2010

William Steven Schindler

Yes, our Little Will is here! I think the most exciting thing is that I don’t have to type Hot Dog anymore. Although, Madeline continues to call him Hot Dog.  We actually didn’t decide his name until the last minute. We couldn’t leave the hospital until we had a name. So on Sunday afternoon we made our decision William (Nick’s grandpa’s name and My grandpa’s name), Steven (Nick’s middle name, Nick’s Dad’s name, and My Dad’s middle name). I think we have just about covered all the men in our lives. :)

Here is how it all happened…

Friday night I wasn’t feeling very hungry for dinner so I decided to have a few jalapeño poppers. Yep, I think that is what did it.  Then around 10:00pm I had a few contractions and Nick sent me to bed with a glass of water and told me to not have this baby on one of his days off. Well, around 12:30 the contractions started. They were 8 minutes apart and then when they went to 7 minutes I decided to call the grandparents and wake up Nick. Everyone started heading to O’Fallon to take care of Madeline and Nick took a shower and started to load up the car. Finally when the contractions were 4 minutes apart I hustled Nick up and he loaded Madeline in the car and we headed to St. Elizabeth’s. Thank goodness I was the only person in the labor section. I had such wonderful personalized care. It was FABULOUS.  They also had great medications and my epidural guys were my new best friends. Finally Grandma Linda, GG, and Andy arrived and whisked our Madeline away.  Around 12:55 pm I felt the need to push and 15 minutes later here came our little boy.  Let me just say he was LOUD! He came out crying. He weighed an even 9 pounds, 21 inches long, and his head circumference was 15 inches!  Soon I learned why he was screaming he was HUNGRY!  A 9 pound boy takes a lot of food.  Here are a few pictures of the day.

smaller William's birthday 028

smaller William's birthday 033

smaller William's birthday 037

William's birthday 002

Madeline first seeing her brother.

William's birthday 011

Will’s footprint on the hospital wall.

William's birthday 013

On our way home.

smaller William's birthday 065

smaller William's birthday 103

smaller William's birthday 107

Andy, GG, Madeline, Will, and Linda the day they headed back to Ohio.

Grandpa Ross and Grandma Jenna are still here helping out.  It sure has been nice having so many people here to finish up a few to do list and heap attention on Madeline Grace.

Welcome to the world William Steven Schindler!

5 comments:

natalieshaub said...

Yay... So excited for you. Isn't changing his diaper WEIRD! What the heck... you have to lift up, to the side, down... w whole new diaper changing world! LOL!
I can't wait to see more photos...
REmember dont do what I did and neglect to take as many photos of Ethan as I did Belles.
I can't quite figure out who he looks like....
Hope things are goign well... can't wait to chat.

Dacia said...

HE'S SO ADORABLE!! and how in the world did you have a 9 pound baby?? i can not believe it! you look amazing after just giving birth and it's so fun to see your whole family together now!! congrats again!!! so happy for ya'll!!

Sally said...

Love Him and Love you ALL! Can't wait to hold him while you're dancing at Grandma Linda's wedding. :) LovE!!

Janette said...

YEAH -- congrats and welcome baby hot dog...errr I mean William!! :) He's SO adorable and I can NOT believe he was 9 pounds! You hardly looked pregnant! You go girl!! :)) Can't wait to see more pics and her how big sister is adapting!! :)

Kelly Bumgardner said...

I am so excited for you guys. He looks absolutely adorable!!!