Monday, December 14, 2009

Big Girl

This weekend Madeline made the big step out of her crib and into her big girl bed. She was so excited to sleep in her bed! After I finished making the bed I noticed she was standing behind me with her lovey and binky.  She was ready to hop on in for nap. I was able to talk her into eating lunch first and then trying it out.  The first night she went right to sleep but when I got up to check on her (after Nick woke me up to ask me if I thought she was ok in the big bed) I found her sleeping on the floor. She had crawled out of bed and taken her blankets with her. Last night she did sleep all night in her bed and is sleep there right now! WOO HOO!  Here are some pictures of her napping in her new bed.

Big girl bed 001 smaller

Big girl bed 002 smaller Then on Sunday we headed to Lawton to pick up some things at Sams. This is the way Madeline entertains us for the drive. (Yes I tightened her seat belt after I stopped recording.)

 

 

Then we went to a Goodbye party & Christmas Party  for our Sunday School class.  Our Sunday school teacher (Jim Moore) is moving to Florida.  Now his family will be closer to the rest of his family. Very happy for them but super sad for our class!  Here is Madeline waiting for us to leave for the party.

Big girl bed 014 smaller

Big girl bed 015 smaller

In case you wondered the cheese face is still around.  I can’t get out the camera with out a big loud cheese and a huge smile!

 

Now the rest of the week I have been challenged by Natalie Shaub to do a week in the life of Madeline. So I am going to try and post daily of our activities. It should be fun!

3 comments:

Marc, Jaimee, Ben and Liam said...

Wooo Hooo, big girl bed! What a DOLL! Loved that post!

Sally said...

She's so cool...we just love her! And it looks like she's grown since I last saw her 2 1/2 weeks ago.

Janette said...

Always fun to see them sleep in their "big girl/boy" bed for the first time! My boys felt like Kings! :) She is so cute and such a great dancer! :)