Thursday, December 17, 2009

Thrilling Thursday

Wow! What a fun busy day. I actually got a little visit from Madeline at 2:00am. I heard the sound of little foot pajamas on the tile floor and then I see her standing next to Nick checking on him. Then she turned around and went back to bed. I went on down to check on her and she was trying to get back into bed. She went back to sleep and slept until 8:50am! What a nice early Christmas present for me! After breakfast and a shower it was time for Little Tad to take a nap. Madeline loves using the couch arm rest covers for her babies.

Thursday 003

We were headed out to do some shopping downtown and we needed some gas.

Thursday 004

Madeline was waiting patiently in the warm car while I was outside FREEZING!

Thursday 005

We met up with Isabella and Natalie downtown. Here the girls are giving each other a little kiss. They are so funny together.

Thursday 014

Here we are outside the shops. She was so patient in her stroller as we went place to place. I think the granola bar and the fruit snacks I gave her helped.

Thursday 016

Then on a whim we decided to eat at McDonalds!

Thursday 023

This is the first time the girls have really played in the play land. They climbed and climbed and climbed.

Thursday 029

Thursday 030

It was so nice that they had two steering wheels. We didn’t even have to practice our sharing skills.

Thursday 033

We headed on home for a nap. Madeline must have talked to herself before falling asleep for at least 30 minutes. She even came out of bed once said Hi and headed back into bed. After naptime Madeline decided she needed to take all her books out and spread them around the floor.

Thursday 034

During naptime I sewed basket covers for her new baskets.

Thursday 037

Here is Madeline enjoying a yummy dinner of Nick’s famous pulled pork.

Thursday 040

With the Christmas craziness our UPS guy doesn’t come until after 6pm each night. Madeline is wearing her new hat that she got on our shopping trip. She loved opening the big boxes. One was filled with a fun Christmas present from Andy. A yummy breakfast kit.  The coffee smells so good! I can’t wait to make it tomorrow morning. Thanks Andy!

Thursday 041 Thursday 048

The next box was filled with Christmas packages for Grandma Linda and Great Grandma Erma from Uncle Eric and Aunt Sally. Madeline loved taken everything out and putting it back in over and over.

Thursday 042

Then she moved onto the Christmas card basket. She read each card and pointed out all the babies.
Thursday 044

Then she noticed that baby doll was looking tired. She wrapped him up and laid him down.

Thursday 051

Then I guess she was tried because the next thing I know she was laying down covered up and saying Shhh.

Thursday 052

And during all this excitement this was Nick. He has a HUGE paper due tomorrow night for him master’s class. He doubled up this term and he has been crazy busy. We will be glad for the holiday break.

Thursday 047

I hope you guys enjoyed Thrilling Thursday. Get ready for Fabulous Friday! Thrilling Thursday wore me out! I’m headed to bed.

1 comment:

Sally said...

YAy for Thrilling Thursday. I think this was the best day yet!!! Can't wait for Friday! :) LOVE!!
p.s. Eric says Maddie needs to come out and hang w/ us for a week. He also said she is a genius. I think the genius' is her mommy and daddy! :)