Saturday, December 19, 2009

Super Saturday

Well, I did a horrible job today. I guess today was so super I forgot to take pictures. So here is a run down of our day. Madeline woke me up around 7:30 with a nice loud Mommy and some other words. Not really sure what she said but I think it was something about breakfast. After a tasty breakfast we played with Daddy (who is on holiday break from his masters).  Madeline loves to try and put her shoes on. She must have worked on them for a 1/2 an hour. She had them both on just her toes when she finally brought them to me.

Saturday 003

The she opened her card from G.G. (Great Grandma Erma) It was another really fun singing card. She loved it and even ran to find her other singing card and sometimes she had both songs going at once.

Saturday 006

Saturday 008 

Then it was time for me to go and get my color and haircut. (I forgot to take a picture) The camera went dead while I was gone so Nick didn’t take any pictures of the Daddy Daughter time. Then is was time for our squadron’s 80’s themed Christmas Party. Nick and I at the last minute decided to dress like two 80 year old people. I wore my Mama’s black hat, black skirt, knee highs that were are smooshed down at my ankles and a black blazer. Nick wore my Papa’s suit with suspenders. He wore it pulled up WAY high. He even parted his hair and slicked it down. Then  of course he put change in his pocket and jingled it all night. I had a cane Nick had made me out of an old pool cue stick and a tennis ball. Do you think I thought about taking a picture? Nope, not until we were both in our pajamas!  Madeline spent the evening at the churches parents night out with Miss Mary and Miss Carol. Still no picture. Finally when we got home I remembered to take a picture. Here is Madeline and Nick right before she headed to bed.

Saturday 014

Be ready for Splendid Sunday…Hopefully I will do better!

1 comment:

Sally said...

It sounds like a wonderful day..even w/o all the pictures. I love the 80 year old idea for the 80's party...that sure sounds like something Eric would come up with SO FUNNY!!
Can't wait to see SUNDAY!