Monday, December 14, 2009

Monday

Oh how I love Mondays! Mondays are our laid back get ready for the rest of the week day. It is the day we clean up from all the weekend fun. Our morning started with breakfast, showers, and Madeline’s favorite new past time teeth brushing. You will hear her throughout the day in the bathroom brushing her teeth. I give the extra good brushing in the morning and before bed. She is the boss of all the other times.

Big girl bed 026 smaller

Then it is time to do some chores. Madeline is an excellent duster.

Big girl bed 030 smaller

Then this where we are most of the time. Yes, we are in the middle of potty training and we do love to sit on the potty and put on a show. It is a great time of having Mom all to ourselves. Madeline has been doing great (knock on wood). She is wearing big girl panties and has only had a few accidents.

Monday 011 smaller

Then I forgot to take some pictures..but it was pick up toys time, lunch, and then naptime…

Then it was time to wake up…

Monday 006 smallerWe had snack and while I folded laundry Madeline read a few books.

Monday 013 smaller 

Before too long Daddy came home and we headed to Val’s for the 2.99 cheeseburger Monday night special. YUMMY

Monday 001 smallerMonday 003

Finally we went down to the city lights to have Madeline’s picture taken with Santa. Well… I think we will try another night. Nick and I have never seen her go up or down stairs so fast. She was so scared of Santa.  As soon as we walked away she was happy as a lark again and just all smiles. Then we circled around and when she saw that happy guy in the big red suit she took off running yelling CAR, CAR, CAR.  I think she was so ready to go home.

Monday 017 smaller Monday 023 smaller

Happy as can be with her candy cane from Santa and her hand in her pocket to stay warm. We will give it another whirl. That is the bonus of living about 2 minutes from Santa. And that brings us to the end of Monday. Stay tuned for Terrific Tuesday….

4 comments:

pink is the new black said...

i love her pink coat!!! where did you get it! Y'all are so stinkin' cute!!!

Anonymous said...

OMGosh Julie, how old is Maddie now? I feel like the biggest slacker...no potty training, no big boy bed for Tyson!!! Yikes, guess I will use the excuse that Tim is gone for as long as I can, but darn you are making the rest of us look bad!!! Just kidding, congrats on all the big girl steps!!!! With all these big girls steps, looks like you are ready for #2 ;)

Sally said...

Ok, please use that potty picture when she's in High School & they want baby photos of all the current seniors for senior night...Please, I beg of you. I will also remind you in 16 years that you have this picture. I think that she may do well for a second try w/ 'ol St. Nick (& I don't mean her dad!)...I bet she warms up to him and tries to tickle him under his chin -- like she did w/ Sarah. :) Can't wait for Tuesday!

Julie said...

The Pink is from last year. It is a great Target buy from Grandma Linda. I'm glad you guys enjoyed Monday. Madeline has totally done this potty thing herself...and I moved her to big girl bed because I wanted to rearrange the furniture for Christmas visitors. :) I hope it does go better with Santa next time...maybe Saturday we will try again.