Monday, December 3, 2012

Monday

What a full Monday!  Today was the big Mommy and Me MOPS Christmas party I have been working on forever! There were 92 moms and 125 preschoolers invited! I think we ended up with about 80 moms, a LOT of preschoolers and over 50 boxes packed with extra supplies heading to East St. Louis. It came together much better then I had even hoped!

Here is Jackie warning me that the church is working on the fire alarms and to not panic if they go off. Praise the Lord they never did!

Monday 006b

We began with Mrs. Sharon telling the nativity story. My favorite was when she started by having the children sing the BIBLE!

Monday 015 edit

Then the kids got to go to the different stations…

Picture Frame Making

Monday 003a

Sugar Cookie Decorating (Thanks Mentor Moms for the help!)

Monday 007cMonday 018d

Shoebox packing

Monday 033g

Not pictured was the fabulous professional photographer who volunteered to take Mommy and Me pictures to go in our frames! I’ll add that when she gives me the disk later this week. We also set up childcare for birth-age 2 so that you could spend time with you older preschooler if you wanted. Wild Man Will got to enjoy the nursery but did join us for the picture. We then headed home and ate lunch and put Will down for nap. Madeline and I did our advent. It was the story of Gabriel and Zachariah.  They had us use a bubble from bubble wrap for the mouth. They said to pop the bubble but Madeline and I voted and decided if he couldn’t talk then his words were stuck in that bubble.

Monday 035hMonday 036i

Yep, Will never fell asleep! He looks rested doesn’t he?

Monday 039j

Then laundry folding time. (It never ends!)

Monday 041k

 

Then it was take the couch apart and vacuum it day. It is the kids favorite because they to “test” the springs in the couch.

jumping

William is a blanket lover. He throws it back in his bed when he gets out but a few minutes later he climbs back up the stairs and gets blanket. He wants to take it everywhere. His favorite thing is putting it on his head like a ghost and running around the house. He must be able to see because he hasn’t run into a wall-yet. Every night I go in his room and take it off his head. Last night he had been mad and thrown blanket out at bedtime. So he took the fitted sheet off his bed and put his head in the little elastic pocket. Yes at 10:30 last night I was removing his head from his sheet!

Monday 051l

Dinner was yummy smoked out briquette, beans, cranberry salad, and coleslaw.  Then I had to rush out and head to my Air Force key spouse meeting/ Christmas party. Yes I forgot to check the lens and it had a nice William finger print. Tomorrow will be better!

Monday 087

They had a million desserts!

Monday 088

Here is my friend Stephanie. We are also church friends and VBS friends.

Monday 089

We had a fun ornament exchange and I got a really cool old key. I think I have pinned a few projects that could work for…

Off to bed - Tomorrow might be Santa picture day…stay tuned.

1 comment:

Mandi Merritt said...

I am most impressed that you have a vacuum the couch day. I could learn a thing or two! Also, who let those kids get so big?!? They've sure changed since I saw them last summer!