Friday, January 13, 2012

Friday

Friday is always our clean house day. It feels nice going into the weekend with clean bathrooms and floors. We were having our friends the Dally Family over for dinner. Their husband/dad is on the last 77 days of a 365 deployment! So I got started cooking early. I am loving my new cookbook Nick bought me.

edited  Friday 001

I am not a neat cook. It is ALWAYS a huge mess. Tonight’s dinner was beef burgundy, mashed potatoes, corn, bread, veggie tray, and Tara brought dessert.

edited  Friday 002

While I was cooking Will emptied a few drawers.edited  Friday 003

I chopped up a million things.

edited  Friday 004

Madeline’s kids had school.

edited  Friday 010

Will and Madeline decided to hide behind the curtain. Then Madeline played peekaboo with Will. He was laughing so hard at one point I thought he might throw up. He thinks she is the funniest thing in the world.

edited  Friday 011

Pearl ONIONS! I thought I was going to die trying to peel them. Then I looked on YouTube and found a great how to video and it only took me 5 minutes. So I finally got all the stuff in the crock pot and started on lunch. Just kidding I fit baths for the kids and bathroom cleaning in before lunch.

edited Friday 014

Lunchtime…Ham sandwiches with mayo,lettuce,tomato,cheese, and cucumber. (On yesterdays homemade bread) YUMMY!

edited  Friday 015

Madeline like the chips the best. (Who doesn’t?)edited Friday 018

Will just likes to eat. He will always give me a grin in the highchair.

edited  Friday 022

Nick loves St.Louis because the Price Is Right is on at his lunch time. We NEVER miss a show. It is even becoming a contest at lunch. He always gets the car amount rights but I beat him if it has to do with grocery store items.

edited  Friday 024

 

While Will took his nap Madeline played with her dolls and animals. She was the mommy and at one point they all needed 5 shots. It was not a happy day in her family.edited  Friday 031

 

Meanwhile I was on my hands and knees cleaning the wood floors. My neighbor told me that her cleaning lady uses hot water and 2-3 drops of Old English furniture oil. It works so great! It lasts much longer then when I just Swiffer.

 

edited  Friday 035

Madeline set the table.

edited  Friday 039

Yep that is how my French bread looked like after I proofed it. I think an elephant snuck into my house and sat on it. A quick phone call to Nick at work and he stopped and bought some on his way home for dinner!

edited  Friday 040

 

Will continued to climb on everything and say Ta-Da when he would get to the top.  We also Skyped Grandpa Ross to wish him Happy Birthday and watch him open his present. I forgot to take a picture of that! Sad smileedited  Friday 046

Madeline picked up the toys and when I took her picture she snapped her fingers and said “Yeah, Buddy”.  Such a nut. Also, when Will pulled the basket down to play she hit him over the head with her pom pom and told him no. She said she just didn’t have time to always be picking up after kids.

edited  Friday 050

The final touches to the crock pot, mushrooms and pearl onions sautéed.

edited  Friday 052

Here we are eating. Another crockpot success. We even had people go back for seconds!

edited  Friday 054

edited  Friday 056

Then we put in Car 2 3-D and ate some popcorn. Will loved the popcorn part but he has got to learn how to eat it neater!

 

edited Friday 057

Madeline is crazy about these two. After the movie they played chase and wrestled around on the floor. She was so excited. She even announced to them that she was the princess. I think she was trying to decide who would be her prince. They sure did a great job tiring her out!  That is the end of our Friday. See you tomorrow for the last day of our week!

2 comments:

natalieshaub said...

You guys are such good friends. that is so nice you had the Dally's over for dinner. It sure would be hard to have your dad/husband gone for a whole year. Crazy. i can't believe how big her boys are getting. It has almost been four years since I saw them last.
Great dinner too. I think you should leave the bread making to Nick thought :).

Shamus said...

That looked like a lovely meal! Another recipe I would love to have. Tell me the pearl onion secret. (I probably would have just bought the ones in the jar!) I am in awe of how much you fit into a day.