Monday, January 9, 2012

Monday

Wow what a busy day! We started off the day in a huge rush because we all slept in. (except Nick the responsible adult who was at work on time) After quickly getting ready we raced out the door for MOPS. (Mothers Of Preschoolers)

Will was not too pleased with this plan. Although he had already stopped crying by the time I made it around the corner. They also said he did great and didn’t cry another tear all morning. I think the quality cracker snack might have helped!

Next I dropped off Madeline Grace. She LOVES MOPS especially her teacher Miss Becky. As she walked in she announced Hi guys I’m here.

edited Monday 002

Here is my table of fabulous ladies, minus the two with sick little ones. We are the Candyland Cuties and I think we are both cute and fun.

edited Monday 005

Today we sat with our “sister” groups and enjoyed our usual wonderful pot luck brunch. There is just something so fabulous about enjoying a cup of coffee, a snack, and some adult conversation with having to worry about your kids. Our topic today was discipline. Watch out kids I am fired up!

Today was one of my crazy Mondays. I actually had to leave MOPS a few minutes early and meet Nick in the church parking lot. He was taking the kids home for lunch and I was headed to base for a key spouse meeting. Yes, I forgot to take a picture of the trade but this is me driving quickly down the road to the meeting I was already late too!

This is the Moto Mart where we traded the kids again.

An action shot of Nick getting out of my car.

edited Monday 007edited Monday 009

Finally when we got home Madeline could show me all her MOPS projects. Yep, those animals are put on with icing. That is a very happy puppet she also created. They had Noah’s Ark Bible story along with a fun game of hooky poky and they even fit in some indoor playground time.

 

 

 

 

 

edited Monday 010edited Monday 019edited Monday 026

Will was all about Jeff Corvette today. He would carry him around and then stop and push him for a little bit making the car sounds. He thinks he is hot stuff with his ability to pick things off the floor while still standing.

 

 

 

edited Monday 044

When I headed upstairs to put Will down for nap Madeline enjoyed some Martha Speaks. It is always more fun to sit on the back of the chair.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

During Will’s naptime I cleaned the master bathroom with my assistant Madeline and folded a load of laundry. Then we had time for a Mickey Mouse puzzle, a few books, and to look through her pink box filled with all her treasures.

edited Monday 048

Will woke up from nap a bit hungry. So we all three enjoyed a nice pear snack. It was super yummy. (On sale this week at Aldi’s) Then it was time for Madeline to do some crafting.

 

edited Monday 049

While Madeline crafted and Will played with his cars and balls I finished up my last day of my weekly Bible Study. We are doing the book of Acts this year in BSF.

 

edited Monday 051

Then we all headed into the hallway and tried to see how far and how fast the shake it up car would go. Will loved it. He just kept chasing it and he finally started to shake it and let it go. Then he would laugh and laugh. Madeline and I tried to make obstacles for it to go through. It even flipped over once and kept going.

edited Monday 060

edited Monday 068Time to start dinner! Pork Chops, mashed potatoes, corn, homemade dinner rolls.edited Monday 069edited Monday 072

Finally, Daddy was home and kids enjoy their usual wrestle time. Now the kids are in bed and Nick and I are enjoying the football game. I am tired just reviewing today. Tomorrow is going to be much more laid back!

3 comments:

Shamus said...

I am still laughing at that first picture of Will!

Mandi Merritt said...

Great pictures! We love MOPS around here too :)

Team Summers said...

Wow, what a super day! You did so much, isn't it crazy how full life is with little ones :) Great pictures!