Saturday, January 14, 2012

Saturday

The finally day in our week in the life series. It has been fun and sure does make me tired reading back through our week. Now I know how all our days go so fast!

Our morning started with William. He was awake bright and early. Nick finally went to get him at 6:45. I stayed in bed until 7:00 as a matter of principle. Madeline slept until 8:00. The party last night really wore her out!

edited  Saturday 002

 

I do think he is the funniest thing walking around. He just looks so much like a little old man from the back.edited  Saturday 003

Then we had the other half of the cinnamon rolls I made the other day. I had froze them. It was a bit of an experiment and it came out great. This time I made a cream cheese, powdered sugar, butter topping. YUMMY!

After a quick shower we all loaded up. Nick dropped Will & me off at Joann fabric. I am working on a Valentine’s Day wreath for my door. I’m just about finished. I will post a picture on that another day.

Here Will is saying… this. Yep, new favorite word. This, this, this and points all day long.

 

Saturday 015

Meanwhile, Madeline and Nick headed to build and grow. Today was a princess castle. It has a working draw bridge and real stand up people. She loves it!

After picking up the crafters we all headed to the mall and chick-fil-a. It is a family favorite!

We then decided to head into St. Louis and go to Costco. Will took a bit a nap on the way in. Here I am returning some jeans my mom bought. Every time I talk to her she asks if I have returned them. Now I can say yes with picture proof.

 

I also bought some B-12. Last night in bed I was watching Dr. Oz. (I DVR it daily and watch it before I go to sleep.)  He said that 40% of Americans are low in B-12 and when he listed the problems with low B-12 levels (tired, memory loss, tingle in hands or feet) I think I might have them all. So I am out to solve it. Nick just shook his head because these things happen often when I watch Dr. Oz.

On the way home we saw this Coyote. Madeline was very excited..but just for a bit…

This was just a few minutes after the sighting. Next to her Will was wide awake. I don’t even know how she slept with all his blabbering. We also stopped at Starbucks on the way home! YUM!

Then I had to finish working on my first grade Sunday School lesson for tomorrow. Nick and I teach every other week. It makes it so nice to job share with another couple. That way we still get to our class. The story is about Daniel choosing the “good” foods. I’m so thankful I read this before I bought doughnuts for the class.

While Will got a quick nap, I cleaned up the kitchen, chatted with my old friend Diane, did a load of diapers, and Nick did our taxes then we headed out to dinner with the Brown family.

edited IMG_3999

Thanks Laura for the picture. Will and Tru had a few staring contest and we all loved our food! It was the restaurants anniversary so the famous chicken dinner was 1/2 price. The Schindler family ate for 11.63 plus tip! AMAZING food and FUN friends. Now the kids are asleep and I was watching the Denver game but it was half time so I am taking a break to blog. Thank you for joining us this week. This now concludes the 2012 Week in the Life Series, we will now return you to randomly not scheduled blogging.

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

It has been fun ready about a day in the life of the Schindler family!! I'm totally impressed--you do more in a day with 2 small kids than I do by myself in a week! :)